April 10, 2011
More and more children are overweight or obese, the numbers are rising in all countries where we eat a Westernised diet. Children as young as 12 years old are developing early stages of heart disease. More children are developing diabetes. These diseases are nutritionally controllable.
Information about the NY Coalition for healthy school food. This article includes some hard facts and information on how you can disease-proof your family.
“One of the major findings from this fascinating study was that higher levels of childhood fruit intake had dramatic effect at reducing incidence of all adult cancers, such as cancer of the breast, prostate and colon.”
- Association between multiple cardiovascular risk factors and Atherosclerosis in children and young adults: Link
April 3, 2011
Diabetes can lead to the following:
Blindness, heart disease, stroke, nerve damage, kidney failure.
Recommended reading on the topic of diabetes:
- Program for Reversing Diabetes by Neal D Barnard, MD: Link
DVDs on the topic:
- Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days: Link
April 2, 2011
Success stories of people that have managed to reverse disease by changing to a whole foods, plant-based lifestyle:
- A collection of video interviews of people who have reversed various diseases and health conditions – from cancer to weight loss – with diet: Movie clips
March 28, 2011
Milk (a.k.a. liquid meat)
Some interesting information that will help explain that non-human animal based milk is not suitable for human consumption. Plant based milks (almond, oat, rice, soya, etc.) are a much healthier alternative.
Symptoms of consuming too much dairy
Osteoporosis, diabetes, cancer (ovarian, prostate, lung), leukemia, cataracts, iron deficiency/anemia, allergies, Crohn’s disease, intestinal irritation, asthma, sinusitus.
Babies drinking whole milk in their first two years develop allergies, colic, diabetes.
- Does milk really do the body good? Calcium and protein: a mixture for disaster Article
- The milk letter: a message to my patients Article
March 27, 2011
Movies / DVDs on the topic nutrition and health
The film examines the claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by changing to a plant-based lifestyle.
Nothing changes the planet as much as the way we eat.
The movie tells the amazing and little known story of the relationship between humans and living dirt.