The idea for the blog started when I completed a course – Certificate in plant based nutrition: Course link.
The course is based on the principles mentioned in the following books:
(this is not a complete list of the information covered in the course)
- The China Study – Startling implications for diet, weight loss and long term health by Dr T Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M Campbell II: Link
- Solving America’s Healthcare Crisis by Dr Pamela A Popper, PhD, ND
- The Pleasure Trap – Mastering the Hidden Force that Undermines Health & Happiness by Douglas J Lisle, PhD and Alan Goldhamer, DC
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure by Caldwell B Esselstyn, Jr, MD
- Program for Reversing Diabetes by Neal D Barnard, MD: Link
This blog will serve as a repository of useful and interesting information related to a whole foods, plant-based lifestyle. I will also include information about vegan related issues, animal rights and environmental issues that all tie in to the whole foods, plant-based, a.k.a. vegan lifestyle.
To your good health, the health of the planet and compassion for animals.
PLEASE NOTE: The information on this blog is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace the relationship that you have with your primary health care provider. Any decisions you make with regard to your food or lifestyle choices should be made with the help of a qualified health care provider.