I am sure every person that follows a vegan/plant-based diet often hear from some people that they could not follow a plant-based diet because because they need more protein (because of their active lifestyle).
It is really great to see that the WBO welterweight boxing champion, Timothy Bradley is a vegan.
Here are some interesting articles related to Timothy Bradley:
Yet another super athlete that proves that you can get enough protein from a plant-based diet, and be the best amongst their peers.
Other successful super athletes that are vegan/plant-based:
- Martina Navratilova – tennis player – 18 Grand Slam singles titles, 31 major women’s doubles titles (an all-time record), and 10 major mixed doubles titles
- Carl Lewis – 9 time Olympic gold medal winner
- Dave Zabriskie – elite cyclist, Tour de France competitor
- Brendan Brazier – ultra-marathon champion
- Scott Jurek – ultra-marathon champion
- Mac Danzig – mixed martial arts, ultimate fighter
- Rich Roll – elite ultra-distance endurance athlete
- Surya Bonaly – Olympic figure skating champion
- Peter Burwash – Davis Cup winner and professional tennis star
- Ruth Heidrich – 6 time Ironwoman, US track and field Master’s champion
- Keith Holmes – world-champion middleweight boxer
- Dave Scott – 6 time winner of the Ironman triathlon
- and more (see links) – great vegan athletes / athletes who don’t eat meat.
So, next time someone uses the “protein” excuse, remind them of some of the very successful athletes.