It is really quick and easy to prepare and there are no strange/hard to find ingredients in this recipe.
It tastes like fudge. The trick is not to tell people what the ingredients are (until they have tried it).
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (you can also use black beans, adzuki beans or black-eyed peas)
- 2 whole bananas (ripe – spotty skin)
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa (I use raw organic cacao)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup instant oats
- ¼ tsp of Himalayan salt
- ½ cup of macadamia nuts, chopped roughly
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Grease a bread pan and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except oats (and nuts), in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, scrapping sides as needed.
- Stir in the oats (and nuts) and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
- If you find these brownies are too soft or too fudge-y, add another ¼ cup oats before baking.
- Once you have the basic recipe, you can start experimenting by adding additional ingredients e.g. 2-3 teaspoons of instant coffee, or cacao nibs.
This recipe has been adjusted (to my liking) from this recipe.